Cloud PrintingToday, with ever increasing expansion of electronic media, information can be accessed anytime, anywhere. However, even in the digital age, there are many situations when a printout is required – often on-the-spot:
- You are on a business trip and need to print out a contract at the customer's office?
- When checking-in to your hotel you want to print your confirmation?
- You are at the airport and would like to print your boarding pass?
- You get an e-mail with an attachment on your BlackBerry smartphone at home and want to print it without turning on your PC?
This is where Cortado’s cloud printing starts. The solution enables you to access information and to print what you want, where you want and when you want.
Why Cortado over the competition?Cloud printing solutions announced by other providers will enable printing from printers connected to the respective cloud. The printer must support either the providers technology, or be connected to a running PC. Cortado takes on a new approach. The user can print to any printer connected to his mobile device via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Cortado's cloud printing solution enables printing with any printer connected with the mobile device via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- One solution for all devices: Cortado cloud printing is already available for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Android and Symbian. Support for Java and other platforms will follow.
- Use any printer: Nearly any printer can be used to print. Cortado currently hosts more than 6,000 printer drivers and ensures, thanks to feedback of over 80,000 customers, that driver data is constantly updated and expanded.
- Directly print without turning on a PC: Printing occurs instantly on any printer connected to the mobile device. It can be a printer located in a common Wi-Fi network, a printer reachable via Bluetooth, or a corporate network printer.
- Support of all common file formats: Users can print any file type including Excel tables, PDF contracts, PowerPoint presentations, or HTML e-mails. The actual file application does not need to be installed on the mobile device.
- Your complete mobile desktop: The Cortado solution covers more than just printing. With additional features such as free online storage, document access, fax, the ability to create PDFs and much more, you can transform your mobile device into a complete mobile desktop.
- Available as a 'Private Cloud': The Cortado Corporate Server enterprise solution allows you to take advantage of all of Cortado’s services installed within your protected corporate network. Along with a complete cloud printing support, it offers smartphone users access to the corporate network and provides them with all traditional desktop features.
Advantages for Corporate UsersFrom an enterprise perspective, cloud printing unlocks the advantages of cloud computing for printing:
- Extremely scalable: From just one user to an entire multinational group.
- Low or no start up costs: No longer necessary to install extra servers.
- Elastic capacity: If required, resources can be quickly added or canceled.
- Possibility to combine with other cloud services that are not offering cloud printing.
- No administration costs relating to printer or printer driver management.
- Unsurpassed flexibility: Use various mobile devices, even devices with limited performance.